Thursday, January 30, 2014

Journal52 week 4: Character


Here is my next page for project Journal52.
The theme this week is: Build a Character:

Every human being is intended to have a character of his own; to be what no others are, and to do what no other can do.
- William Henry Channing

So what to do? I love using quotes,
so I looked around and found one by Anne Frank.
                                                 (if you click on the picture you can see an enlarge version)

So after coloring the background of
my page with gelatos and used a stencil with circles
I stamped the hand stamp on tissue paper.
The stamp is by Michael Strong.
I embossed the image with black embossing powder.
The hands are colored with worn lipstick distress ink
and a blending tool. Then I glued them on the page
with matt medium.

The smaller hands and other doodle stamps you see on this page
are from the 2010 Club Scrap retreat where Michael Strong
designed the stamps we have got on the Retreat Kit.

Finishing of the page with white dots drawn with
a white sakura gelpen.

Thank you Anne for your quote.


Have a creative day!



7 comments:

Toni Hinchcliffe said...

Hetty, that is beautiful! I love the quote too!

CraftyJo said...

Fab-u-lous Hetty, so very colourful and sumptuous with great quotes. I love it.

Unknown said...

Love your page, Hetty! The Anne Frank quote is perfect for the stamps w hands. Very colorful.

Unknown said...

Lovely page Hetty!

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful Hetty. Are you enjoying Journal52? It is a great experience.

Unknown said...

The layout and vibrancy drew me in to inspect every beautiful detail. So creative!

Kay Williamson said...

Love your beautiful work and great quote used!