Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Jewish New Year cards

I was inspired by a challenge I noticed
to create your own background.

I am to late to enter my cards, but
I do share my vards with you, for
they might inspire you for your
Jewish New Year cards.
This year i did not want to hav the apple
with honey card and so i searched through
my stamps for another idea.

One of the wishes we tell each other is:
May you be inscribed for another good year,
so how about using  quil and inkpot.
I found i had this great stamp from the Chemist
stampset by Tim Holtz as well as some movers
and shapers. I went to work!

I started with making these backgrounds
by using a stencil for this one and the script
embossing folder and some spray inks.

This one is done with the scriptembossing folder and
first adding some distress inks and later on
sprying it with a pearly spray ink.
Hope you ca see the shiny pearly ink, when
you click on the photo to see a larger version.

Now these are the finished cards:
Here i stamped the quiland inkpot
on the yellow paper and colored it with 
distress markers. The picket fence works great on
the yellow paper.

Here I used the movers and shapers.
For the feathers I used some glossy paper
that i stamped with some alcohol ink and 
abackground stamp, before cutting it.

Now you may wonder about the hebrew text
 you see on both cards:

 I printed this text on the inside of the cards.
The new year will start on the eve of September 24
and will be the year 5775. Yes we do have a different way
of counting and different months too. The Jewish Year 
is based on lunar cycles. If you are interrested,
you can read more about it HERE.
Have a creative day!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Lovely cards Hetty!

mamablitger said...

Oh these cards are gorgeous Hetty. Love the backgrounds and the finished result. Amazing colors !!
Thanks for sharing your creativity !
Hugs from Monica.... Spain